Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/shipho5/public_html/hwb/common.php on line 88
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 809: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 884: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 884: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:88)
The Horn and Whistle Board • View topic - Train Horn Ringtone for Cell Phones?

The Horn and Whistle Board

It's all about air horns and steam whistles!
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Train Horn Ringtone for Cell Phones?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:00 pm 

I made some and put them on Phonezoo.com. Type in "locomotive" for a search and see what comes up. People look at me funny when there's an SP 6 chime going off in my pocket.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:49 am 

I just recorded one of my M5s being blown to my Samsung Sync and told it to use it as the ringtone. No conversion, no fiddling around. Anyone that's been around me for any length of time has heard it "ring". I have my phone set on "Outside" profile, i.e. maximum loudness 90% of the time to overcome the noise in the shop. It's really loud. Scares the crap out of those not knowing what it is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 am 

Nice Thread!

I've got a US&S 501(A) CTC Machine Transmitting a Code, as my incoming text sound. And, as a Ring-Tone, I've had several different horns, M-5's, RS5's, K5LA's.. Etc.. It's a neat idea, fun too!

- Beardo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 pm 
Board Supporter

I have a K5LLA on my droid, but I have it set up to ring only when work calls.

Nathan Airchime K5LLA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 pm 

My cell phone plan comes with a free online account where I can upload pictures, videos and MP3's. I uploaded an RS3K and S3L sound clip to the online account and then sent them to myself. Once on the phone (as a text message) I saved the sound files and then set them as my ringtones. I switch between the two every once and a while, currently I'm on the RS3K.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:11 am 

Here are 4 of the ringtones I currently have on my iPhone 3GS. I had to convert them to the m4r (Apple ringtone) file extension before I could use them in the iphone. If I remember right, I think you can do the conversion in iTunes. I would have uploaded the m4r files, but HWB would not allow that extension. Feel free to use them if you like them.

Attachments:
File comment: Airchime K3L #6179 Ringtone
K3L-6179-ringtone.mp3 [408.86 KB] Viewed 129 times
File comment: Chessie "Big Tag" K5LA (CSX 5531) Ringtone
Chessie-K5LA-ringtone.mp3 [490.76 KB] Viewed 129 times
File comment: 1951 Nathan M5 Ringtone
51-M5-ringtone.mp3 [413.74 KB] Viewed 129 times
File comment: 1954 Leslie S5T Ringtone
54-S5T-ringtone.mp3 [529.85 KB] Viewed 129 times

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:29 am 

amtk415w wrote:
I made some and put them on Phonezoo.com. Type in "locomotive" for a search and see what comes up. People look at me funny when there's an SP 6 chime going off in my pocket.

I assume your username is cdtx2001 on that Phonezoo.com site. I recognize a few of the ringtones you posted. Wink Nice job on editting out the wind noise from my youtube videos! Any hints on how you did that?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 am 

I did something similar with my computer. I set startup and shutdown sounds as different whistle sequences from Cass. Even the default beep was a whistle blow. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:11 pm 

My alarm ringtone is my friend's RS5TR blowing a 14L. I can custom make any ringtone, providing I get a computer..

K5HLB (BNSF 7606)